Nothing beats a refreshing road trip to de-stress during the weekend. Road trips are also great because they bring the family together and travel in general can help you wind down and rejuvenate. When you plan a road trip you have the choice of taking a car or a campervan. Whether you own these or whether you plan to rent any one of these there are several pros and cons to consider. Knowing the benefits and limitations would help you decide better.
Choosing a car for a road trip
- Cars are easier to hire and they are cheaper as well. And most families already own a car and so all you have got to do is to pack your bags and fill the tank and you are good to go. So cars are perfect for those last minute trips.
- For varied terrains, there are various types of cars and these also come with better speeds. Thus they help reduce the commute time.
- You would have to spend extra time and money to hunt for a decent accommodation arrangement.
Choosing a campervan for a road trip
- Campervans can be great for traveling to those places where finding accommodation can be difficult. You can travel anywhere and everywhere and take a halt as you please to take some rest. Of course, you would have to find a spot where parking a campervan is allowed.
- You get absolute privacy and you can also travel in larger groups.
- Campervans might be slightly more expensive to rent. And if you are planning a trip at the last minute then finding one might be a little difficult. But these days it is quite easy to hire motorhomes in Scotland online. All you have to do is to plan a little ahead so that you also get many choices.